Unban Yourself From Any Server
Unban Yourself From Any Wii Server

NOTE: I am expecting you to have quite a bit of Wii Hacking Knowledge already. This guide will NOT be baby step after baby step like some of the guides I have written in the past.

NOTE: This guide is for Wii Consoles only.

Requirements:
Have HBC installed
Know how to run HBC Apps
Know how to make GCT files and run Cheat Codes

Chapter 1: IP Address

First thing's first, all servers keep track of all players' IP Addresses. Thus, it is essential that this must be changed. To see what your IP is, simply Google 'what is my IPv4?'.

Here are some methods to change your IP. Be sure to re-google 'what is my IPv4?' after trying a method. Once you have a different IP address, go to Chapter 2.

Fyi: ISP = Internet Service Provider (Google, Spectrum, Xfinity, Cox, etc)

Router/Modem/Network-Box Method

1. Reset your Internet modem (Some ISP's have a setup to where every time you reset your modem, you get a new IP)
2. Turn modem off, wait 1 hour, turn it back on.
3. Turn modem off, wait 24 hours, turn it back on.

ISP Contact Method

If the Router/Modem/Net-Box Methods won't work. You can try calling your ISP and ask for a new IP address. Chances are you will be denied or in fact, they can't do it which leads to the next method.

New Router/Modem Method

Nowadays, most ISPs set IPs to your router/modem's MAC Address. You can call your ISP and say you need a new modem. They will let you know where to trade in your current modem for a new one. This will 100% work, and you will get a new IP Address.

Mobile HotSpot Method

You can try playing using your cellphone's data as a hotspot. This doesn't waste too much data for MKWii usage. Keep in mind some Cellphone-Provider combos won't work because of strict/closed NAT.

Here is a small list of working & non-working combos:
IPhone (unlocked) with Verizon: Works
Huawei (unlocked) with TMobile: Works
Moto Z2 (locked) with Verizon: NOT WORKING
Verizon Jetpack with Verizon ofc: NOT WORKING

Mobile Hotspot w/ VPN Method

This is very complicated. This isn't as simple as just using a VPN app and setting your Hotspot on. That won't work. First you need Root access to your phone, and then you need a dedicated VPN app for Hotspotting which all those apps require Root. I can't be asked for a guide on this because it varies soooo much per phone and VPN app. You are on your own on this method.

Final NOTE:
Keep in mind that many server Mods/Admins are lazy. So if you can't change your Public IP, don't give up hope. You can still go through the rest of the guide and it may still work. It's just that the odds of you being caught again are increased heavily.

Chapter 2: Date Save(s)

This is simple. Simply delete all your MKWii Data Saves.

At the Wii Main Menu, click on the Wii Logo on the Bottom Left. Click Data Management, then Wii. Find the MKWii Data Save file(s) and erase them all.

Chapter 3: Codes Needed; GCT File

You should already know how to make GCT files. Make a GCT file with the following codes....

https://mkwii.org/showthread.php?tid=150 - MAC Address Spoofer
https://mkwii.org/showthread.php?tid=804 - Wii ID Spoofer
https://mkwii.org/showthread.php?tid=819 - DWC_Authdata (User ID) Spoofer
https://mkwii.org/showthread.php?tid=1016 - Serial Number Spoofer

--

Optional:
https://mkwii.org/showthread.php?tid=840 - Client ID Spoofer

Side note about Client ID Spoofer: This code is not really needed. It may be necessary if you are a very known 'ban-bypasser' and you are very paranoid about being caught. Every person's Mii Data (when online) is stored on the mkw server via the SAKE protocol. If an admin has the proper tools, he/she can (with a lot of trouble) view a person's SAKE (Mii Data information). Thus, if that admin is viewing your Mii Data, he/she can see if your Client ID is connected to a banned MAC Address.

Keep in mind the odds of all of this are very very slim. Like I said, if you're really paranoid, then run the Client ID Spoofer as well. In the Client ID Spoofer thread there is a recommended Client ID value to use if you are not sure what value to set the code to (C2428998). The recommended value is the default value that is on the famous Mii Editor program - My Avatar Editor. Which many people use, thus many people on mkw servers have this same Client ID so it is the safest value to use for the code.

--

Be sure to read the instructions for each thread and follow them precisely. The MAC Address Spoofer thread will show a list of all the official Nintendo MAC Address Prefix values that can be used. The Wii ID Spoofer thread has notes about not exceeding a certain value when using the code. Same with the DWC_Authdata Spoofer thread. The Serial Number Spoofer thread will have quite a bit of notes as well to follow.

Once the GCT file has been made, add it to the codes folder of your SD card. Be 100% certain you have all the codes in the GCT applied, and that your GCT has been added to the SD card.

Chapter 4: Going Online

It's time to connect to Wifi. SD card into Wii, launch HBC. Use w/e preferred HBC app that you use to load your Disc/ISO.

NOTE: Always remember to set your Ocarina to ON on your USB loader, Gecko, Wii Launcher, etc. Set Hooktype to VBI. If you use Riivolution to load your cheats, you should already know that VBI hooktype on Riivolution does not work for MKWii, use GXDraw Hooktype instead. If you forget to load your GCT file (have codes/Ocarina turned on) just one time, you will get re-banned instantly. And you will have to go through this entire process all over again.

Connect to WiFi!

For Alt-WFC type servers, you should receive no error codes. For Wiimmfi server, you should see the error code 23899. If you receive an 239XX error code, you were caught then blocked and/or re-banned again.

Chapter 5: Conclusion

Well, nice job. It is a lot of work. But it is a true 100% unban. Others simply change their IP and MAC and call it good, but that usually ends up in said person being re-banned after a couple a days.

Chapter 6: Troubleshooting

If you get error code 201XX (such as 20103) or error code 60000, then the value you used in your DWC_Authdata spoofer may be causing the server to hiccup. There are two solutions to this:

Option 1: Use the HBC app called WiiXplorer (you can find this pretty quickly via a Google Search) to delete the DWC_Auth file from your NAND thus forcing the server to give you a brand new one. You will need to change the boot settings in WiiXplorer to allow NAND Write Access. Go into the shared2 folder, and click on the DWC_Authdata file. Delete the file. Exit back to HBC. Turn off Wii, turn it back on. Remove the DWC_Auth spoofer from your GCT, so you only have the MAC, Wii ID, and Serial Spoofers. Reconnect online, try again.

Option 2: Keep trying different values for the DWC_Authdata spoofer code tll you are successful.

Credits:
MAC Address Spoofer Code by Mdmwii
Wii ID Spoofer Code by zak
DWC_Authdata Spoofer Code by zak
Serial Number Spoofer Code by zak
Client ID Spoofer Code by zak
Settings Editor by Spzx0
System Settings Replace Tool by Tona and PabloACZ
AFAIK you can edit the Mii's Client ID and Avatar ID with the Mii editor.
Beast thread
(08-05-2018, 04:42 PM)mapnov Wrote: AFAIK you can edit the Mii's Client ID and Avatar ID with the Mii editor.

Yes I know that. But I didn't include the MyAvyEditor because some Operating systems can't run it under Wine (idk why Wine has issues emulating it). So I chose for the use of a hex editor in this guide. I'll go ahead and add a small note about it in the Mii Data Chapter. Also added new note about using Guest Miis.
Works.
Very neat.
(08-06-2018, 01:44 PM)zak Wrote:
(08-05-2018, 04:42 PM)mapnov Wrote: AFAIK you can edit the Mii's Client ID and Avatar ID with the Mii editor.

Yes I know that. But I didn't include the MyAvyEditor because some Operating systems can't run it under Wine (idk why Wine has issues emulating it). So I chose for the use of a hex editor in this guide. I'll go ahead and add a small note about it in the Mii Data Chapter. Also added new note about using Guest Miis.

But I thought MyAvatarEditor used Flash?
You can install Adobe Flash and Adobe Air on Wine.

I've gotten MyAvyEditor to work on Wine a long time ago, but ofc something has changed. Because now, I get all kinds of errors.
But I thought you can install Adobe Flash on Linux natively?
https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/
Ye I've tried that too. Keep in mind, I run Debian Linux instead of Ubuntu. If you have gotten Wine to successfully install and run MyAvyEditor (on any Linux), I would appreciate if you can post some sort of mini-tut.
Thread completely revamped. Much simpler.